Thursday, June 17, 2004

$aving ¢alamites, or, the Many Uses of a Dutch Oven

DIARY

So tomorrow is my last day working for Neurosurgery.
Malpractice insurance rates went up, costing the department 1.4 millions. Solution: lay off the temp file clerk, and let the administrative assistants do the filing.
Will this actually work for them? So far, nobody seems to think so.

I'm still registered with Advanced.
And I'm applying for outside jobs.
In the meantime, though, I have to save some money.
After next weeks paycheck I'll have enough to pay the rent, the phone bill, electricity, and *maybe* part of a student loan payment, but that's all.

So I've been thinking of solutions.
First, I've accumulated enough various varieties beans, potatoes, and onions to chomp quite happily for some time, and have also discovered the fabulousness of pasta, so that isn't an issue.
Second, I won't be doing the play, and I won't be working downtown, so during the interim I can get a lot of places by walking, and spare myself the $75 30-day CTA pass.
And third, with a two basin sink I can do laundry by hand. I do not have a two basin sink. I do, however, have a Dutch oven, which should work just fine as soon as I acquire a scrubbing board.

One of my wonderful coworkers said she might have one she doesn't need.

If you have any other suggestions how I can avoid squandering money in this perilous hour, drop me a note or send me an email.

Or better still, the same, if you can think of any jobs I ought to apply to.

~ Connor

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home