Wednesday, November 24, 2004

Ukraine: An Important Adendum

EVENT: CONNOR

Of course, I feel a little silly for that last post, though I don't repent the statement.

It's a complicated situation of course, and my trite little "you go, girl!" kind of glossed over.

Any respectable news source is covering these events in detail. I link to a number in the News and Politics section of the sidebar to your right.

Halfway Down the Danube, a Romanian blog I read, has provided some links to accounts from the trenches. Check them out. Check out Halfway Down the Danube, too.

A Fistful of Euros is described by HDtD as a "general overview."

Neeka's Backlog, Abdymak, and Obdymok are Ukrainian blogs.

Of course, this situation must be interesting to me as an American in light of both the emotional election three weeks ago and the stolen election in 2000... that said, we must not center ourselves too much in quirky parallels. The Ukraininan election is incredibly important in its own right, most significantly as a force and measure of the reintigration (or lack thereof) of Eastern Europe into the global sphere.

~ Connor

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home