Wednesday, April 06, 2005

Oneidine 15, 27.

CONCEPT

COMMENTS:
- Yesterday I felt compelled to live and did so. I was able to leave work around quarter-to-two. I walked up to my Fifth-Third branch (Division and Dearborn) and got the PIN for my Jeanie card. I took the train back home. Did some dishes. Got my camera. Left by three thirty. I rode down to Chinatown. And finished photographing Armour Square. I also got fortune cookies, ate at Seven Treasures, and bought a package of that ginseng tea with such punch that a label is posted on the side warning expectant mothers to steer clear.
- It's been a poignant experience... I've taken close to 500 pictures in eight hours now across the 1.5 square miles of Armour Square. About a third have been taken within the four square block area of Chinatown, and another third in the surrounding residential areas. I took about sixty pictures of the Bridgeport area adjacent to the Dan Ryan, including Comiskey, and about twenty of Wentworth Gardens.
- I know I keep saying I'll post all kinds of photos, and I will, but it depends upon the collusion of time and computers, neither of which is very reliable in my life these days.
- After Chinatown, I rode the El and then the bus to Hyde Park for another scav hunt meeting. They're coming on strong, now. I have another tonight...
- Finally, I learned this morning that I was indeed rejected from University of Washington. So Seattle is right out. So it goes. I'm one for three, but not traumatized in the slightest.

CHICAGO NEIGHBORHOOD OF THE DAY
West Englewood.

WORD OF THE DAY
Dunce.

NEWS OF THE DAY
BBC News: Kurd leader named Iraq president.

PICTURE OF THE DAY
Aftermath. COMICON.COM.

QUESTION OF THE DAY
Make up a scavhunt item. (If you're a judge, give us an item that has been cut).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home