Friday, December 16, 2005

Necrus 26, 28.

DIARY

- YESTERDAY - Typically, Tuesday is a "business" day... that is, I finish work at 2 PM, so I'm able to spend the afternoon catching up on homework, cleaning, and anything else I'm neglected Monday through Wednesday (when I'm out from 8 AM 'til midnight). Yesterday was the exception. After I finished work at the writing center (where I had to work with some of my more quarrelsome students of the semester), I walked two blocks to Bowl Mor for the Facts on File party. They know how to throw a Christmas party. I enjoyed the Ophthalmology Christmas Party last year, but given the abundance of whiskey and the lack of bowling, I was soon too smashed to talk and ended up sleeping on the Red Line all the way up to Howard. Yesterday was a bit more dignified: I was concentrating on pushing my score toward 100, and while I never broke that glittering digit, I managed to not come in last-place as well.
Afterwards, some of my coworkers were heading out to a bar in the East Village, and I wanted to go along, but I had another party tht evening and was exhausted from not getting sleep. I walked back to New School, talking with Amy who is also in the NS writing program and works at FAF... she's from Boston and lamented an earlier time working with Yankee Consulting which was, you guessed it, set up by a Yankees fan exiled to Boston. (Kids, there's an Orc in the Shire.) The basement lounge of the 12th Street New School building is no match for the Reynolds Club McCormick Lounge for sleeping, but I improvised, sidding in one of the chairs, wrapping myself tight in my coat, and pulling my hat over my eyes. I managed to sleep for almost an hour in that position.
The reading was fun, and for the first time was weighted toward fiction. Several friends of mine read: Reinhardt and Christine, and Brian from my workshop, and this may have been the best student reading so far, in terms of quality. Afterwards, there was the requisite beer and pizza, and after hanging out for awhile, Jess and I returned home. There, we watched the finale of the Apprentice. I don't know what came over me, but I've been intrigued for the last several weeks since learning that one of the final two participants had gone to the University of Chicago, and auditioned for a play that I directed. We fell asleep halfway through Leno.
This morning I have a headache, and don't know why.
- MTA STRIKE - I was going to post on this here, but the entry became too long, so I'll add a new post subsequently.

NATION OF THE DAY:
Madagascar.

QUESTION OF THE DAY:
Which continent is most valuable to hold in Risk?

END OF POST.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home