Friday, October 20, 2006

Tigers vs. Cardinals.

EVENT

The end of Game 7 of the NLCS last night was even more dramatic than Magglio's homer, although I only caught a few moments of it here and there. I didn't change the channel from the seventh inning, though. Basically, the game was 1 to 1 going into the ninth, and then, in a heavy rain (incidentally falling right outside my window, some five miles from Shea stadium), Yadier Molina drove in two runs. In the bottom of the ninth, the Mets loaded the bases early on, but were finally, and abrupty, struck out.

I did miss, however, the most breathtaking moment: Endy Chávez commands a home run to become a mere fly. Ball obediently complies.

I have mixed feelings about the Tigers vs. the Cardinals. Completely personal. If the Mets had won, I would have had a shot at seeing the Tigers *play* this year (my other shots being preempted by rain and my own inertia). But I like the Cardinals more as a team, and a World Series bound to the midwest appeals to me for other reasons.

But it would have more fun (and galling) to wear the Tigers cap in Brooklyn next week.

The World Series starts tomorrow night. I'm supposed to go to a party, but we'll see what develops.

END OF POST.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home