Wednesday, January 31, 2007

A Survey.

DIARY

Today's big blogging project is a Periclean and Harlemite defense of American Idol. But since I haven't worked up the wind for that, here's a pretty good survey I got from Gemma. Fill in and repost, or comment in the comments.




1. Is your second toe longer than your first?
I'm not sure... it seems depends on the viewing angle. Actually, they're quite comparable.

2. Do you have a favorite type of pen?
Uni-ball ink pens.

3. Look at your planner for March 14, what are you doing?
That's a month. I don't keep those things more than a week in advance.

4. What color are your toenails usually?
The normal color.

5. What was the last thing you highlighted?
A textbooks.

6. What color are your bedroom curtains?
I use a white pashmina.

7. What color are the seats in your car?
When I have a car again, I would like for them to be purple veleur.

8. Have you ever had a black and white cat?
Yes. "Socks." From 1991 to 1992...

9. What is the last thing you put a stamp on?
Probably a credit card receipt.

10. Do you know anyone who lives in Wyoming?
Yup. I know "people" who live in Wyoming.

11. Why did you withdraw cash from the ATM the last time?
Bagel money?

12. Who is the last baby that you held?
That little one, that was bald. Shoot, I don't know.

13. Do you know of any twins with rhyming names?
Nope.

14. Do you like Cinnamon toothpaste?
I don't know that I've experienced Cinnamon toothpaste.

15. What kind of car were you driving 2 years ago?
Occasionally, I got to drive Jessica's 1991 Pontiac Sunbird. And that was better than it had been before or since...

16. Pick one: Miami Hurricanes or Florida Gators
Miami.

17. Last time you went to Six Flags?
Senior Week, 2001.

18. Do you have any wallpaper in your house?
Nope.

19. Closest thing to you that is yellow:
Post-its.

20. Last person to give you a business card?
Don't remember.

21. Who is the last person you wrote a check to?
The Landlord.

22. Closest framed picture to you?
Almost certainly a blown-up cover of "The Encyclopedia of Such-and-Such"

23. Last time you had someone cook for you?
Jess made us tomato soup and tuna melts yesterday. They were pretty awesome.

24. Have you ever applied for welfare?
I've applied for unemployment, but I was ineligible.

25. How many emails do you have?
Five that are relevant, and probably about 12,000 emails between them.

26. Last time you received flowers?
I don't know. Have I received flowers?

27. Do you think the sanctity of marriage is meant for only a man & woman?
No, I don't.

28.
What happened to #28?

29. Do you play air guitar?
Who doesn't?

30. Do you take anything in your coffee?
Occasionally, but I usually drink it black.

31. Do you have any Willow Tree figurines?
I wouldn't know a Willow Tree figurine if it wept on me.

32. What is your high school's rival mascot?
Whatever Beecher's mascot is.

33. Last person you spoke to from high school?
If emailing counts, it would be Thad.

34. Last time you used hand sanitizer?
I think I used it about a week ago at work.

35. Would you like to learn to play the drums?
THAT WOULD BE SO SWEET!

36. What color are the blinds in your living room?
I don't have blinds in my living room.

37. What is in your inbox at work?
I don't have one. I have an inbox at school. It is typically empty.

38. Last thing you read in the newspaper?
Something on the Times website about congressional funding for Iraq.

39. What was the last pageant you attended?
I never attended a pageant, unless I misunderstand the term.

40. What is the last place you bought pizza from?
Little Louis'.

41. Have you ever worn a crown?
Why, yes. Burger King crowns.

42. What is the last thing you stapled?
The Smashing Pumpkins lyrics I printed out to work on my graduate literature project. (Isn't that a luxurient sentence?)

43. Did you ever drink clear Pepsi?
I think I tried it, but it obviously didn't make much of an impression.

44. Are you ticklish?
Very much so.

45. Last time you saw fireworks?
Last week, actually, at the Idiotarod.

46. Last time you had a Krispy Kreme doughnut?
December?

47. Who is the last person that left you a message?
I don't remember. Jess is the boss of the sophisticated technology at our place.

48. Last time you parked under a carport?
I don't know that I have.

49. Do you have a black dog?
My parents do!

50. Do you have any pickles in your fridge?
No.

51. Are you an aunt or uncle?
No.

52. Who has the prettiest eyes that you know of?
Jessica does!

53. Last time you saw a semi truck?
I'm sure I saw one this morning on the BQE, six houses down, but I wouldn't have noticed it because I see them all the time.

54. Do you remember Ugly Kid Joe?
No.

55. Do you have a little black dress?
No.


**Fav-ology**

What is your salad dressing of choice?
I vary. I'm adventurous!

What is your favorite fast food restaurant?
McDonalds and/or Taco Bell, depending on amount of cash, amount of hunger, season, wakefulness, and amount and type of nostalgia.

What is your favorite sit down restaurant?
The Atlas.

What food could you eat every day for two weeks and not get sick of?
Pizza. It's hard to get sick of pizza. For me at least.

What are your pizza toppings of choice?
Mushrooms, pineapple, olives, ham, sausage, but not necessarily all on one pizza.

What do you like to put on your toast?
Butter.

What is your favorite type of gum?
Gum that doesn't suck.

**TECHN-OLOGY**

Number of contacts in your cell phone?
I don't have a cell phone.

Number of contacts in your email address book?
I use search and reply. Screw the address book.

What is your wallpaper on your computer?
The Smashing Pumpkins!

What is your screensaver on your computer?
Nope.

How many televisions are in your house?
One.

What kitchen appliance do you use the least?
The Breadmaker, sadly.

**BI-OLOGY**

Are you right handed or left handed?
Left.

Do you like your smile?
Not bad. Not bad at all.

Have you ever had anything removed from your body?
Only my soul!

Which of your five senses do you think is keenest?
Sight. But sound and smell are the most vivid.

When was the last time you had a cavity?
I probably have a few right now.

What is the heaviest item you lift regularly?
My backpack.

Have you ever been knocked unconscious?
Yes.

**MISC-OLOGY**

If it were possible, would you want to know the day you were going to die?
It's difficult to say, but I'm inclined to say 'yes.'

If you could change your first name, what would you change it to?
If I could, I probably wouldn't. If I had to, I'd probably go with "Brendan."

How do you express your artistic side?
How don't I?

What color do you think you look best in?
Jess says any bright color, which is good news for me! I'd say green. It brings out my eyes.

How long do you think you could last in a medium security prison?
I think I'd be fine.

Have you ever swallowed a non-food item?
Probably many, but I haven't catalogued it, and it hasn't been recently anyway.

How often do you go to church?
Once, maybe twice, each week.

Have you ever saved someone's life?
If so, they never sent me a "thank you" card.

Has someone ever saved yours?
But then I never sent out "thank you" cards myself.

**DARE-OLOGY**

Would you walk naked for a half mile down a public street for $100,000?
I might say it would depend on the street, but that's a lot of money. Of course, I'm a major prude. Hmmm. Yeah, probably.

Would you kiss a member of the same sex for $100?
No. I wouldn't kiss a member of the opposite six for $100 either. I don't kiss people for money. And $100 isn't $100,000.

Would you allow one of your little fingers to be cut off for $200,000?
I don't know. Maybe I would. As a writer I'm letting sleep-deprivation ruin my sanity for nothing. Presumably my sanity is worth more than my little finger, so...

Would you never blog again for $50,000?
Define "blog."

Would you pose naked in a magazine for $250,000?
It would depend a lot on the context and the magazine. Hmmm. Yeah, probably.

Would you drink an entire bottle of hot sauce for $1000?
Okay.

Would you, without fear of punishment, take a human life for $1,000,000?
Absolutely not.

Would you give up watching television for a year for $25,000?
Okay. Can we make this an annual thing?

Would you run over a dog or cat for $1,000,000?
Okay, but then I'll turn $100,000 to save animals off the street. It's a ridiculous answer, but an equally ridiculous question.

END OF POST.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home