Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Ten Best Cities For Music My Butt.

CONCEPT

So I stumbled across this chump list of the "10 best cities for music in the USA," and while thejourneyer gets props for Nashville and pleasant surprise for Clarksdale, I noticed with horror that Chicago didn't make the cut. Instead, LA, Cleveland, Athens GA?! Yes, they have sweet music scenes and history. I could argue that Flint does as well. That, and Jimi Hendrix has about as much to do with Seattle as J.R.R. Tolkien does with South Africa.

This is a "best" list with only room for ten, and the subjectivity here is apalling. So, just to show that I can do a better job in about thirty seconds, here is my list of the

8 MOST IMPORTANT CITIES FOR MUSIC IN THE USA



- Chicago, IL
- Detroit, MI
- Memphis, TN
- Nashville, TN
- Los Angeles, CA
- New Orleans, LA
- New York City, NY
- San Francisco, CA

I only listed eight because I think these are above and beyond the others (only Atlanta comes close), and to continue the list would be to add another twenty or thirty.

Agree, disagree, and frenzy on me.

END OF POST.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home