Wednesday, March 28, 2007

10 Things You Supposedly Don't Know About Me.

DIARY

A friend asked me to list ten things about myself that you didn't know.
I'm not going to list anything truly lurid (those are things you'll have to ask me in person), and I can't promise that nobody will not know any of these things.

But I think they're generally not well known.

PREAMBLE: An effect of this thing is that I get to tag some number of people. So I tag Milligan, Amber, Gemma, Sumara, Kennedy, Alan1, and Cody (good luck!) I think those are all of my generally comment-leaving readers, but anyone can do this exercise for health and fun.




1. I was a vegetarian for about two years. I want to say from the age of eight to ten. I ate a lot of cheese and peanut butter. I finally broke down in a McDonalds drive-thru and ordered McNuggets.

2. Jumping off from there... I really really do like a lot of fast food. Among fast foods, I like McDonalds and Taco Bell the best.

3. I never shook hands with Bill Clinton, but Lt. Stottlemyre once yelled at me to "shut up!" Also, Davy Jones of the Monkees asked me "Who the Hell are you?" and Alfred Uhry informed me I couldn't schmear a bagel like a good New York jew. I also drank cheap beer at a table next to Fiona Apple.

4. I cannot comfortably fall asleep lying on my back... only on my stomach or occasionally on my side.

5. If you cut me, I'll bleed coffee. I made that up. I'm very afraid of seeming to inelegantly scmhooze. This is occasionally an issue, because in classes I'll catch myself gunning for an argument or disagreement with the instructor, just to prove I'm intellectually independent. Interesting, how that ends up being kind of hypocritical. I'm obsessed with not seeming a kiss-up. Anyway, I don't think I've ever been a jerk about it, but the fear does cross my mind from time to time.

6. I have attended four senior proms: Flint Central as a sophomore, and Flushing as a sophomore, junior, and senior. I also sometimes visited friends while school was in session at Flint Central, Southwestern, or Powers Catholic. I wasn't however, born in the city limits of Flint. I did, however, live there until I was twelve.

7. Speaking of city habitations, in one twelve-month period, I lived in six different residences: a rented house, a borrowed basement, my bedroom in Flushing, two Chicago sublets, and a friend's.

8. I called it an early night at 4 AM at my own bachelor's party. While the results would have surely been catastrophic, I kind of wish I had soldiered on until dawn, whatever the consequences. Still, no complaints. It was a great night.

9. I'm expecting some very very good news any week now, of the personal livelihood variety.

A. I am planning on starting something rather commune-esque in the next year. Not commune-esque in the big banner of Lenin sense. Nor in the dirty hippie sense. Rather, it will be a commune of "soul power" (to quote James Brown) and it's going to be more a gut and cranial than a bricks and mortar thing.

END OF POST.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home