Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Ketchup 11: From Weddings to Finals.

DIARY

The reception was held adjacent to a golf course, actually it was a site Jess and I had considered for our own wedding, and there was quite possibly another two weddings and half a dozen proms being held there at roughly the same time. We arrived and I was again separated from Jessica as she posed with the wedding party and I helped carry flowers into the tent. After the party had been announced, however, Jess joined me and we sat with her friend Nicole and family, and also met with several other friends from her high school. There was so much food we were overwhelmed, and also enjoyed talking for most of the time, but Jess persuaded me to dance a little, and I talked her into talking a walk with me. When we finally got back, dad J talked with us awhile about the wedding, and then we went to bed. I think I had had intentions of getting through Derrida, but that didn't come to pass.

The next morning, early, too early, dad J drove us back to Columbus, and the the shale hills and then the trees smoothes out into the flat farms, and then we arrived at the airport. We flew Jet Blue, and this stage of the trip went smoothly. We finally claimed our luggage at JFK, and rode Sky Train with a Chicago cellist in town for a gig. We took the A train until it ran out of steam, and we had to transfer to buses somewhere deep in Bushwish. A half hour later we switched to buses again in downtown Brooklyn, and by four o'clock we were pretty much home.

That evening, Jess went to hang out with Leila and Barb.

I didn't, though. I had to finish my literature project (Derrida, Foucault, Bathes, and other unsavory sorts presiding over my analysis of the Smashing Pumpkins). I finished at about 7 AM, called my order into Kinko's for two copies printed on acid-free paper and fitted for velo binding. I went to bed.

I got up at 7:20 to get ready for work.

Vacation, vacation, was suddenly over.

END OF POST.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home