Friday, March 12, 2004

Day Off!

DIARY

I feel like I'm back in 11th grade skipping school.
I decided to call in sick today.
Well, I am sick... I have a runny nose and it's making my throat raw and sore.

As always when I do this, I get a bit of an upset stomach; from the lost money, mainly, also from anxiety that my coworkers will be irritated and whatnot, but things are so filled. There is so much stress. Sometimes, I have to do this. I haven't broken this 9-5 M-F schedule in almost 3 months.

And yet, there is this pressure to make the time count, to put it down as an investment, to extract from it.

...

On Tuesday, I went to help my friend Xana on her BA project.
Xana acted as Grusha in the 2001 production of the Caucasion Chalk Circle that I directed at the U of C. Since then, she's been in South Africa and San Francisco, and has taken a bunch of courses in Performance Art.

I am seeing her performance later tonight. I am looking forward to it.

I told her, it reminded me of a very compelling, live music video. From some people this might have come a criticism, but I'm actually quite impressed as I say this.

I have to write letters.
I have to continue on Urbantasm... I'm in the midst of redrafting chapter 133. When that's done, only 379 to go...
I'm listening to a song that borrows many words from my favorite Irish folk song: "Cask of Brandy."
I'm listening to the Clancy Brothers.

Last Tuesday, I went to a Scav Hunt meeting, and there was tender excitement, so raised voices, some argument. It's all fine. It's always this way at this time of year. By May we'll be so caught up in the day-to-day, there'll be no room for hunting ideology. Which is, incidentally, a bigger beast among us than you might guess.

On Wednesday, Jess and I celebrated our four years together.
Yes... as of last Wednesday, we have been together FOUR YEARS! I've been with Jessica now longer than I've was in high school... longer than I was in college. Sparks spectacular, fireworks, fireflies and pavement, hot tea and hot chocolate and root beer floats, "Rebel Without A Cause," more root beer, used CDs, birthdays, wind chimes, dishes washed and meals readied, the counter top polished, or smoke rising from the grill. Yes... and that's about all I'm going to say about that.

I love her always, of course. I love her.

I'm listening to a song: "March Medley: Boys from the County Cork."

I must continue, or I'll lose the leverege from this day I've taken off.

~ Connor


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home