Friday, March 05, 2004

These days... Part 2

DIARY

Last weekend was rather odd...

On Friday I was very tired from working on Urbàntasm the night before, but hopped the bus to the United Center, to see my first NHL game featuring the Chicago Blackhawks and the Columbus Blue Jackets.
Sad to say, this performance from the two worst teams in the NHL was less than inspiring, excepting the laser light show that kicked it all off. There did seem to be some energy during the first half of the third period (not that I know anything about Hockey... I'm going by how fast the puck moved, how often the players intercepted it, and the number of fights), but it quickly crumbled.
I was rooting for the Blackhawks, but placed a bet on Columbus nonetheless, and walked away a quarter richer.

On Saturday, I went to see Gemma's production of Under Milkwood featuring a number of friends. I was doubtful, not because I wonder at Gemma's talent in any way, or that of her actors, but with time and experience so limited, I doubted such an abstract and dense text could be brought together. It was. It was... extraordinary. One of the riskiest and best (often mutually inclusive, I know) student performances I've ever seen.
If you want me to write more on this I will... let me know.
And it gave me the occasion to say "That onstage masturbation was very tastefully done," something I doubted I would ever need to say.

The performance was followed by a huge fight featuring me and several others, and which lasted in some form until 6 AM. I'll avoid details, as feeling are still pretty tender, but I have to mention it since it was the defining event of the weekend and, well, it really curdled my yoy! But it's over now, and all is well...

On to Sunday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home