Monday, May 10, 2004

Scavhunt 2004 Press / Resources

CONCEPT

You will find in this post links to the Official Website of the University of Chicago 2004 Scavenger Hunt, Articles on the Hunt, blogs maintained by judges and participants, and a few other relevant links.
I have also included a few thoughts I've had at the end of the Hunt this year.


OFFICIAL WEBSITE

scavhunt1.uchicago.edu


ARTICLES

Chicago Maroon before, during, and after the Hunt.
Reuters (article also featured in BruneiDirect.com, CNN.com, and the Pakistan Daily Times)
WBBM News Radio 780
Slashdot
The University of Chicago Chronicle
Wikipedia's University of Chicago entry


JUDGE BLOGS:

Blue Skies Falling (you are here)
Donkey Hottie
Interrobang
Sanity through Experimentation
small shelly fauna


PARTICIPANT BLOGS (by TEAM):

BRECKENRIDGE HOUSE / HOOVER HOUSE: SOPHONISBA DOES GARY: THE DAVIN REED EXPERIENCE
Blog or Not?
LUSH PUPPIES MARK IV: THE FIST TROIS: DELEUZEAN POTATO RELOADED: BILLMIRE'S SCROD DOES STONY:
Deleuzean Potato
Incommendatus
O fragious day, calou, calay!
THE SHORELAND: THE EMPEROR'S NEW OUTFIT
alone with all my wrongs
Smallhouse Log


OTHER RELEVANT LINKS

University of Virginia Scavenger Hunt
The University of Chicago
Encased Meats
Encased Meats


FINAL THOUGHTS

Today is Monday, the day after Mother's Day, and I'm back in this windowless clinic filing medical records. This is the third time this has happened to me. The office has even less sparkle than I'm used to.
I'm exhausted, burnt out, a little sad, and a little cranky.
One of the other judges is already sending emails counting down... 361... 360... 359...
But I'm still hung up on the last week. I'm still shivering from the things I've seen and have done.

The wind down from scav hunt lasts almost as long as the wind up. I'm sure there will be plenty of emails and a fair number of posts here pertaining to it, probably through the end of May and even into June.

This thing that started eighteen years ago has gotten bigger and bigger, and has remained uncorrupted. It still strives for and does what it was originally created for. I don't think it is even remotely close to reaching the horizon of its potential.

I don't think the university will be stripping or stopping the Scavenger Hunt any time soon. I think we've even cleared inertia for a little while.

P.S. Of all things scavhunt, if you read nothing else, read a list and read the bylaws.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home