Wednesday, May 05, 2004

Tonight, Tonight



1. I'm note inspired.

2. I have a site counter and I have a question: where on earth did the 40 of you come from today?! I can only assume the spike has something to do with scav hunt. After all, 40 people wouldn't trudge over here to answer my little riddles or make lists. Right?
It can't all be McFaul.
Can it?

3. For the judge, this is the very eye of the storm. Four, five days back we scramble to get the list in place, fix details, settle disputes, and placate administrators. Four, five days forward we judge events, items, trivia, and travel. But today the list is done, and there's nothing more we can do with it. Today we wait... weary and bleary... too worn to sleep... for tonight.

4. Unlike certain other judges, I don't give false clues. I don't give clues at all, actually. So clue vultures will find their efforts better spent enticing Dan "Tweedybird" Clinton. I understand why you all want to break up with him. I mean, first he makes you get all dressed up just so he can diss you in the parking lot of Bennigans. And then you're ditched so he can hang out with her. In spite of it all, though, I don't think he meant any harm.

5. Scavhunt is the closest I ever come to Hipsterspeak I realize. Someone. Save me.

6. To talk about something else for a moment, we're abusing Iraqi prisoners. Wtf?! More on this after Sunday.

7. To talk about something else for a moment, Don Williamson, Mayor of Flint, is filming himself as mayor in ads for his wife's car dealership. Wtf?! More on this after Sunday.

8. The Tigers have fallen to 13/14. Wtf?! Oh well; we're still better than the Yankees.

9. Speaking of "wtf" I've decided I like it. Not ironically, even. I was provoked into liking it as of 12 hours ago, by the "Butcher of Page 7". It's all love though.

10. I'm a paradox. I'm a Catholic. I believe in religious tolerance. Yet I regularly out-rap Christians.

11. Today. High Noon. Ida Noyes. Don't be there. Nobody else will. Except "that DOC guy."

12. No, that wasn't a clue. Clue vultures: go away.

13. I miss Flint.

14. Chicago Project No. 2 is going well.

15. Where is the Occlusion? And how are they doing?

16. I can tell you this item, because it got cut: "A saltine assault team going asalting." Isn't that cute?

17. Non curo. Si metrum non habet, non est poema.

18. Good coffee is good. But a whole lot of mediocre coffee is better.

19. Soapy coffee is the instrument of more evil than we ever realized.

20. Would you please hand me that straw; I can't seem to reach it on my own.

21. Connor's Celebrity Crushes:
~1988-89: "Stacy" from Kids Incorporated
1994-97: Claire Danes
1997-02: Kirsten Dunst
2002-03: Tina Fey (rebound!)
2003-Present: Mikki Berenyi and Emma Anderson. Both hotties!

22. I probably won't post much in the next couple days. So miss me, already! :)

23. The photo above depicts the 2003 list release. Here's to hoping this year goes a bit more smoothly.

24. Boom tish, boomtish, boom tish, boomtish, boom tish, boomtish boom. DON'T TOUCH ME!

25. Anything else I would like to say right now, I cannot, for fear of alerting concern among the intelligence committee. I don't want to wind up wired to a box somewhere, so I'll sign off for the moment.

More later.

Maybe.

~ Connor


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home