Wednesday, October 13, 2004

A Couple Changes Around Here...

CONCEPT

First, I've linked to Xylo, the Wolf Baron, better known to some of you as Michael. He's an old friend and fellow Mathewsnic (resident of Mathews House, Burton-Judson dorm), and I would've linked to him a long time ago, except I didn't have the link.

This isn't part of my "October series" of links, though, which I will continue.

Second, over the next couple weeks, I'm posting the entirety of the text of The Castle of Otranto by Horace Warpole, which I read two days ago for Euphemism research. The novella is considered the first work written in the genre of "Gothic literature," and I found it very enjoyable... sometimes with a sense of irony and without.
Today is a bit of a freebie: I'll only post the Forward and Dedication. The story is 5 chapters long, and about 35,000 words.

A true fanatic can labor through The Mysteries of Udolpho, by Ann Radcliffe, with me...

~ Connor

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home