Saturday, November 27, 2004

Paul's Funeral

CONCEPT

from Paul:

There will be no burial.

Do not wrap me in layers of cloth and lock me away in a wooden box. Do
not lower me into a cement hole to moulder in isolation. Do not refuse
me my chance to fulfill my ultimate destiny, to be reborn in the
flowers and the trees, to live again as a wasp or a cat or a frog.

Lay me in the fire and cast my ashes to the wind.

There will be no mournful dirges.

Do not send me off amongst funereal organ music. Do not quash the
spirit of my life beneath the dark and depressing tones deemed
appropriate for the dead. Instead wrap yourself in passion and beauty.
Send me on my way to REM, to Tori, to Trent Reznor, Afro Celt Sound
System, Bjork, and Blind Melon. Let those who love me play all the
songs that brought me to their minds, and laugh and share memories and
above all *dance*!

Allow my passing to become a moment of wonder. Cry. Laugh. Sing. Dance.
Let the day be holy to you. Celebrate life - yours, mine, and those yet
to come. Let loose, be happy, and set your spirit free - because mine
is.

Remember me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home