Wednesday, December 15, 2004

A call for suggestions.

CONCEPT

So Washington State wants a 12-20 page sample of my "critical writing."

Most of what I have from within that page range is theater writing or something for one of Malynne's classes, in which I cultivated a more informal style of writing than what is probably expected here.

Any suggestions?

Should I write a paper this week, specifically for the application? There's always The Great Gatsby. It'd be a pain, starting from scratch.

I could use one of the editorials I've posted in this blog. Alternately, I could use by BA paper, or the paper I wrote on the Mathematical Principles in Urbàntasm, although I'm afraid that might look like grandstanding. I'm not sure whether "critical" implies I'm critiquing another work of art.

I could choose a couple shorter papers; one from a humanities class and one from a math or science class. But I wrote these as a less experienced writer, and I fear the execution is less skillful and the content less meaningful.

In short, there are a number of options, but they all have serious drawbacks. I want something that works, but given my need to crank out the rest of my application in the next few days, I need something that won't be too time-consuming.

Your help is appreciated.

~ Connor

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home