Tuesday, February 01, 2005

The Community of Arkaic

CONCEPT

View the Community of Arkaic: http://www.nationstates.net/cgi-bin/index.cgi

Play the game: http://www.nationstates.net.

This is one of those online community games, but it's a lot of fun and doesn't take a huge amount of time or effort. Essentially, participants create a nation and then chart its political development over time. Your status is determined by a series of policy choices you make over time, and they don't always have the outcome you'd expect (as I've already learned several times). The game also allows you to develop relationships with other states in your region, and if you wish, globally. The FAQ is somewhat brief and very helpful. I created a region "The League of Gothic Funk Nations" including nations founded by 5 individuals to date. If anyone would like to join our region, let me know, and I'll give you the password. (We can be neighbors!)

My own nation, the Community of Arkaic, is based on a best-case scenario for the apocryphal setting of Urbàntasm (my novel). So far, things are going remarkably well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home