Tuesday, February 22, 2005

Wind and Ache

EVENT

A Flint Journal editorial: Flint high schools

It's gross. It sticks. And it cannot be avoided.

I've been working on a novel, Urbàntasm, for the last nine years (and probably will be for the next seven). So it goes. But for every high school that closes in Flint, I will kill off a character that would not otherwise be destroyed. Moreover, if the high schools closed are Central or Northern, two institutions that are heart and soul to what Flint has preserved and enhanced from its beautiful days, I will select characters who locate themselves near the reader. So the more it stings for me and my friends, the more it will sting for them.

We're all watching our schools close these days. So I wonder, where do all the people go?

~ Connor

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home