Monday, March 07, 2005

Occludine 16, 27.

CONCEPT

COMMENTS
- So much to talk about... so much.
WEEKEND
- For some reason, even though the highs were high and the lows were low (emotionally speaking) this
weekend seemed to last a week. On Friday I went over to Jessica's for a laid back evening of
Monk and tuna cassarole. I was caffeinated by midnight, so I kept waking up and falling asleep all night long.
On Saturday I woke up somewhat early and went over to Valois Cafeteria (See Your Food) on 53rd street... with the
unending lines and crowds, the perfect eggs and greasy hash browns, the neverending clank of
spatlas against the grill, and the expansive mural the links Hyde Park Bank with the monument to Nuclear Energy.
I returned to Jessica's, took a nap, and in the evening we drove out to the United Center for Camina Burana. Lisa had been recruited for the chorus at the last minute and was able to lock a few free tickets.
After the show, I found myself at an apartment party in Heart of Chicago, where I had the opportunity to taste Port. But I was also the designated driver, which meant I spent the last hour-and-a-half admiring the antics of other.
The party finally wound down at about three AM. I gave Lisa and her friend Christian a ride back to Hyde Park, then returned to the North Side.
On Sunday, I didn't even wake up until nearly one, and I hung around for several hours with Sam, Jessica, and Sam's friend Coral.
The weather yesterday was everything. We went for a long walk that took us down the beach to Foster where we stopped at McDonalds, then back home along Sheridan. When we got home, Jess and I left for church, but missed it due to being stuck behind an ambulance (less than a block from my apartment) for twenty minutes, then having to head back for my wallet.
We finished up the weekend watching specials taped for Black History Month on VH1 and Bravo's 100 Best TV Characters.
And here we are.
The moment to beat was standing in the dusky apartment after our walk, noticing the light sliding down the walls... it was well after five, but the sky was just beginning to fade to gray. And then, minutes later, soaring along Lake Shore Drive with the clairity of the city before and then behind. And knowing it's going to be getting warmer from here on out.
WEATHER
- Yesterday and today. What's up with that?!
- I think it's real but nevertheless symbolic. Tomorrow expect a high of thirty.
- Symbolic because spring is turning toward us, and soon we'll be seeing more days like that than not.
- Sam suggested yesterday that it would be a powerful experience to cross Lake Michigan to Michigan when the lake freezes over in the winter, navigating by the stars and the receding glow of Chicago. I have to agree, though it would also be incredibly reckless given the weather around here.

COUNTRY OF THE DAY
Russia.

WORD OF THE DAY
Fey.

NEWS OF THE DAY
London Times:
Italy grieves as hostage accuses US of murder


PICTURE OF THE DAY
A desert oasis. Desert rock research.

QUESTION OF THE DAY
Are you going to participate in this years Scavenger Hunt? And if so, for whom will you play?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home