Tuesday, March 22, 2005

Vernaltide 4: A Bittersweet Symphony

CONCEPT

It really is.

Really.

* * * * *


It's been a long time, my friend.

First, don't worry. They'll gloss over this. They won't understand what I'm saying. It's all white noise to them. Virtually everything is lost when you don't understand the context, and people care too little to spend time and energy to try and discover what doesn't come easily.

Second, while I do not desire contact or correspondence (it would be too complicated, after too long), we believe that drama does not decrease sincerity. So let me pour my heart out on stage and really mean what I say. What happened up there was real. What happened on the road was real. Elbowing our way through the crowds downtown was real. There was a great respect. I was happy to hear... and I agree. I've missed it too.

But distance can be like a fine wine. We distill and bottle only grapes plump and thick with blood, and when they sit on shelves, year after year, we go downstairs if we're lucky, dust off our favorites, and smile when we look upon them.

Some wine, it's best to keep bottled. To examine from time to time. And then, to return to the shelf.

It will always be one of the best bottles, and one of the most often examined.

All the best. Only the best. For ever and ever.

And ever.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home