Monday, June 13, 2005

Lunas 24, 27.

CONCEPT

COMMENTS:
- No murderous storms at all.
- On Thursday, I ran out of work at work and headed home early. I took a nap, then got up and photographed Edgewater Glen, then picked up some groceries at Dominics, made fish for dinner, and worked on the wedding and the website. This is the version of an exciting day these days. One night last week (quite possibly Wednesday), I decided to sleep in the Hidabed because I hadn't before. I learned that it isn't really all that comfortable, and also that the living room is a lot warmer at night than my room.
- Friday, I went to the Blues Fest for awhile, but it was sweltering and I was unable to meet up with anybody, so I quickly shifted gears, taking the #6 down to Hyde Park, where I discoved air conditioning had been installed at Jessica's. While I was downtown, at a McDonalds, a man approached me and asked if I was Polish. "No," I said. Then he asked for a dollar. The whole weekend was filled with surreal encounters of that sort.
- Saturday, in the morning, Jess and I went to the Gleacher Center for resident presentations for the U of C Hospital's Department of Ophthalmology. Jess had helped developed two of the papers presented, and it was also opportunity to meet some of her colleagues over coffee and bagels. In the afternoon, we rested up, had a wonderful meatloaf that Jess made up, and worked on music for the wedding. And in the evening, we went to Dan "the feral miscreant" Clinton's graduation party in Greektown, including a full course Greek meal and intense conversations on public policy and the Daley administration.
- Sunday, I did not go to church. It's happened a lot lately, and I'm sorry, but hey, it's June and it's hot and I'm planning a deluxe out-of-state party for several hundred people, two years of very expensive education, and a move to the most expensive city in the country if not the world. I did, however, finish a good chuck of the registry before heading to the Blues Fest with Jess where we walked around for awhile before meeting with Hallie. Back home, I finished up the intro for HINW and did some work on Financial Aid for New School. There's always so much and it never stops.
- Today, I'm once again very tired. Having gotten some four hours of sleep last night. I'll probably sleep through my lunch break today. And when I get home.

CHICAGO NEIGHBORHOOD OF THE DAY
Pullman.

WORD OF THE DAY
Blandishment.

NEWS OF THE DAY
The Flint Journal: Bankruptsy in Ranks of Officials.

PICTURE OF THE DAY
GAME ROOM. PARTY ROOM. http://www.ypbooks.co.kr.

QUESTION OF THE DAY
What kind of tree would you be?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home