Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Welcome to the New Site!

CONCEPT

As you can see, aside from a few design tweaks (for ease and elegance), Blue Skies Falling is pretty much the same. There are a few significant changes, however, so I'll just go from top to bottom.

BLUE SKIES FALLING


- "Where Have All the Blue Skies Gone?" Ironically, Blue Skies Falling has been the name of this blog for a year-and-a-half, and I just now encountered this phrase. Sam was exploring Shireland, an abandoned theme park outside Chicago when he found this graffiti on a wall buried in the adjacent forest.
- Assignments: Only one or two people ever did the "blog games" (thanks Amber!), so I've decided to replace them with something that hopefully relates a bit better and can even generate some discussion. Each month, a different theme will be explored through "assignments" that we'll all have the option of participating in. Some themes and assignments will be clearly defined and other months will be more vague.
- Comments: I've replaced Enetation with the standard Blogger comment system. This is because Enetation sucked, alternately deleting/not posting/not displaying submitted comments.
- Navigating this Blog (Part 4 of 4): I've revised this portion of the sidebar for better coherance.
- The Old Blog: It will be up for at least the next couple months. I want to archive all old posts and comments if possible. http://blueskiesfalling.blogspot.com will continue to redirect here in the meantime.
- Here Is No Why: Is my website. Sam helped me program (thanks Sam!) and the Occlusion Group helped subsidize the cost (thanks Occlusion!). Right now all that's up is this blog, the introduction, and a couple links. I hope, however, to keep adding on at the rate of one or two items per week so that the site is fully loaded by the time I'm off to grad school. This shouldn't be a problem; most of the hard stuff's out of the way. Please check it out and let me know what you think.

LUMAS


- The theme this month is, broadly speaking, Love and the problems it causes us.
- The cool friend this month is Whet. Whet's blog sounds off on politics and culture. Check it out.
- The cool person this month is Cory, who writes extensively on politics from a heavily informed left-leaning position. I discovered this blog during election season.
- The cool link this month is to William Shakespeare's Romeo + Juliet which made us all drool way back in 1996.
- The sidebar selection Lumas through Gloamane are three poems I've written and revised several times over the year.
- The background and all images above are photographs I took of Fahrenheit 212, a new coffee shop in river north that Sam introduced me to. Not only is the coffee good and generously served, but the staff is fun and accommodating. (I know these are incredibly generic comments, but I was up half the night setting up the blog.)

FINALLY


Last week I was unable to post a question one day (at least) because Enetation was down. Here is that day's question:

What ingredient do you consider to be most indespensable to a pizza?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home