Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Watching Closely... 3.

EVENT

"This means that Delphi, GM and the UAW are sitting in a smoke-free room somewhere trying to avoid a strike. Obviously, this is good news." - Sean McAlinden, economist, Center for Automotive Research

The run down is here.

Note: Amber asked me what my sources were. They're varied, and in some cases anecdotal, which is why the argument kind of moves in leaps and bounds. These issues have been covered extensively (if not exhaustively) in both the Flint Journal and the Detroit Free Press. A lot of the arguments themselves, especially as concerns today's executive emphasis on stock vs. sales, are my own interpretation of arguments put forward by my father and other autoworkers. I used Facts on File and Wikipedia for factchecking.

Update #3 is:
UAW's Roth to Retire.
Delphi Flint East workers gather to send a message.
Delphi, GM talking.

END OF POST.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home