Wednesday, February 15, 2006

A Musical Copout, A Musical Question

CONCEPT

While nobody has accused me of Freysting something, I was gently let know by email yesterday that perhaps my take on electronic music is not sufficient to take on Orbital. That's fine. I'll be back for Orbital later. Sooner then you may expect. Or later.

I have a question, though.

During the instrumental entrance of the Cranberries' song (because I still listen to the Cranberries...) Electric Blue from the album To the Future Departed (because I do enjoy that album, whatever you may say), after the voices fade, there's a change in the sound of the organ.

The note doesn't change... it may be partly a reducion of the pipes (?) from many to a few, but it also sounds like the air is moving across a different material... almost like the textural difference between variations of xylophones, if that makes any sense.

Anyway, can anyone tell me what is happing at that moment of the song, and how it is accomplished?

END OF POST.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home