Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Occludine 9, 28.

DIARY

- YESTERDAY - Work went well. I'm enjoying my current project indexing the Ecosystems: Oceans book. It's terrifying, however, providing all sorts of evidence of how dire things may become in the near future (mind you that the near future could include within the next several thousand years). I'm also newly terrified of windmills, but that might be a ridiculous thought. I'll write more on this if I have a chance...
More interesting to you, I went in with some other kids from the workshop on a liter of Rum and we passed it around during class without cups, mixers, or chasers. Myself, ever since my Bachelor's party (thanks, Sam!) I can only stomach a little marblized molasses, but the transaction was more popular than I expected. I'd been a little concerned that the instructor would think it disruptive, but he seemed as fond of the bottle as anyone else.
Afterwards, I went to Spain for a beer - better in my eyes - and after awhile I went home.
- WEATHER - The jet stream has been weird this year. It was responsible for the obscenely warm January, and now it's setting up the present drama. For the first time since I"ve been tracking such things, both Chicago and Flint are warmer than New York. This is because the jet stream is drawing a relatively sharp line from northwest to southeast, and fronts are struggling up against it. On the one side is exceptionally warm weather, sometimes accompanied by rain, and on the other temperatures below average, sometimes with snow or ice. There's no precipitation here today, but it is quite gusty and cold. California's taking a fraction of the rain that Washington and Oregon felt earlier on this winter. Meanwhile, the south is quietly and calmly baking. Good for the Big Easy on its Big Week.

- FEBRUARY - Is the month of North Carolina Sweet Potatoes.
- TODAY - Is Mardi Gras.

QUOTE OF THE WEEK
"I am restless. I am athirst for faraway things. My soul goes out in a longing to touch the skirt of the dim distance. O Great Beyond, O the keen call of thy flute! I forget, I ever forget, that I have no wings to fly, that I am bound in this spot evermore."
- Rabindranath Tagore

QUESTION OF THE DAY
No question of the day today, conventionally speaking.
Instead, by midnight tonight, do something.
Do something which you have wanted to do or needed to do for many months, but haven't for fear, apprehenstion, inertia, or exhaustion.
Do this.

END OF POST.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home