Monday, April 03, 2006

Oneidine 14, 28.

DIARY

- POPOZAO - It took long enough to set up, so yes, you're going to have to look at it at least a day or two longer!
- THE WEEKEND - Meh. I've been feeling exceptionally groggy, getting eight or nine hours of sleep a night... it's awful timing, since I'm reading a novel a week for Shelley's class plus Gravity's Rainbow plus working on my own reading list for my thesis projects. I stayed in pretty much all weekend, though I did go to my Pynchon seminar on Saturday, and then again church on Sunday, and Jess and I spent a couple hours reading in Fort Greene Park. We had beer-chicken for dinner. I took a break and beat The Adventure of Little Nemo on emulation. It's a deceptively difficult game. I'm just trying to stay awake is all.
- WEATHER - By April 2nd, the average number of tornadoes per year is 85. Last year, the number was 110. This year, the number is 340. Oh, yes. The west coast is taking some tropical rain. Carolina and Virginia can also expect some angrier Atlantic storms today. Nothing too exciting elsewhere. Is there rain?

- APRIL - Is the Month of Poetry.
- TODAY - Is "Sizdah bedar," the 13th day of the Iranian calendar, or, their version of April Fools Day. Iranians go out to avoid the bad luck of the numebr thirteen.
- HAPPY BIRTHDAY - Washington Irving, "Boss" William Marcy Tweed, Marlon Brando, Doris Day, and Eddie Murphy.

NEWS OF THE WEEK
The Detroit Free Press: DELPHI SHOCKER: Plan deepens divide with its unions, GM.

QUESTION OF THE DAY
At what age do you predict your death?

END OF POST.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home