Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Lunas 25, 28.

DIARY

- WHAT IS SOMEWHAT GOTHIC FUNK - Harold and Kumar go to White Castle.
- WHAT IS DECISIVELY NOT GOTHIC FUNK - Proof.

- YESTERDAY - Work went really well; I enjoyed myself. I took a break from the Encylopedia of Mathematics to work on html tables and illustration captions for The Cell. It's written at an early high-school level, but it's still nice to let my mind unglue after a few weeks of matrices, group theory, and differentiation (things of which I have a limited knowledge at best).
Back home, I got a lot of work done, both on my play and my zombie story. I did some more makeup reading from the workshop. And I also exercised and cleaned. So something is coming of the whole "summer routine." Later that night, Jess and I watched Proof. I've never seen Gwynith Paltrow quite so emo, and the story was a bit to vicious in its down cutting of the Big Apple and a bit too efflusive in the Chicago-love. (For those of you who know my affection for my second home and my ambivalence toward my three, this is not a comment I would casually make).
I went to bed around three. I would've gone to sleep at two, but I discovered the flash video game on the Harold and Kumar website. Very gothic funk.

- JUNE - Is Rebuilding Your Life month.
- HAPPY BIRTHDAY - Billy Yeats, Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen.

- QUOTE OF THE WEEK -
"Immature artists imitate. Mature artists steal."
- Lionel Trilling.

- QUESTION OF THE DAY -
What are your five favorite bands or musicians, each of their names beginning with a different vowel?

END OF POST.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home