Friday, June 16, 2006

Lunas 28, 28.

DIARY

- I FORGOT TO MENTION - The Tonight Show on Wednesday night: guests George Carlin and Ann Coulter. Who, now that I've seen in screen and in the flesh, I'm convinced is actually the manifestation of an all-too-real Skeletor. No, it was interesting and entertaining. The musical guest had masking tap on her guitar reading "this machine kills fascists," whic she beat at the beginning of her song. After the song she put her hands in her pockets when the guests all came over to shake hands. Ann, meanwhile, continues to describe liberals as she might "baboons" or "worms," like its a genetic defect. Which is fine with me: the more she talks, the happier I am. I can't think of anyone else as effective at getting people to vote Democrat.

- YESTERDAY - Some highs and lows. I'll talk about the highs. I rode out to Coney Island to pick up a few things, and while I was there I took a walk up and down the beach and boardwalk, and took a ride on the Cyclone, (one of the oldest and woodenest roller coasters). I like Coney Island; it's kind of a cross between a Six Flags and an ancient flea market.
I spent most of the day reading about aggression in Jess' Social Psychology book; I'd been hoping to find something to help with Adrift and while there was a lot of useful stuff in there, not much addressed pathological behavior. I may have to stop at the Strand. I also got my lumberjack book in the mail, so that was a plus.
In the evening, Jess and I had Tuna Helper for dinner and her great Strawberry Shortcake for dessert, and we watched a Nova special on sharks. I've been exhausted all week, so I didn't make it a late night.

- JUNE - is National Dairy Month.
- TODAY - is Bloomsday!
- SUNDAY - is Fathers Day! (Happy Fathers Day, dad!)
- HAPPY BIRTHDAY - Today: Geronimo, Joyce Carol Oates, and Tupac. Tomorrow: Igor Stravinsky, M.C. Escher. Sunday: My sister, Caitlin!

- COUNTRY OF THE WEEK -
Haiti.

- QUESTION OF THE DAY -
What's your favorite kind of ice cream?

END OF POST.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home