Saturday, September 23, 2006

Autumntide.

DIARY

- THE BLOG -

I cleaned up the blog and changed the font colors to the darker, wintry format.
Tomorrow I'll change over the links and images for Galvane. Throughout next week I'll be promoting my website here; I've recently given it a pretty comprehensive overhaul and there ought to be no more dead links. (Though, of course, it remains a work in progress.)

Here, however, I'm going to briefly promote the blog itself. Each week I try to post on politics, religion, life, and art. To the right is a sidebar filled with links. The links at the very beginning go to other friends and those at the end lead to archives. I'm happy to see that these are used somewhat frequently. But don't forget everything in between.

In Group 2's "People" section are currently links to ten blogs/journals from around the world: Japan, the UK, Armenia, Norway, Ireland, and some from the U.S. as well. I'm trying to expand this section, but it's a slow process since I hand pick these links and only use them with permission. However, 100% of them should be interesting. Group 2's "Others" are links to blog hubs, which is simply a useful tool.

The Group 3 links are sorted into categories: Art, Chicago, Flint, New York City, News and Politics, Philosophy and Religion, and "The Vicious Circle." I've tried to represent many opinions, especailly in the political and philosophical columns. The Vicious Circle is a catchall category for anything weird and fun. It ought to make for good browsing during a slow day at work.

Group 4 is a summary of the activity on this blog. You're probably already familiar with everything there, but if you ever wonder, for example, what the difference between a BODY and a DIARY post is, this is my attempt to explain.

Consider the blog promoted until this December!




- SEPTEMBER - is Honey month.
- TODAY - is the Autumnal Equinox (11:04 PM CST) and the beginning Ramadan (Islam), Rosh Hashanah (Judaism), and Navaratra Dashara (Hinduism).
- HAPPY BIRTHDAY - Yesteday, Michael Faraday and Milligan! Today, Euripides, Ray Charles, Bruce Springsteen, and Ani DiFranco.

- COUNTRY OF THE WEEK -
El Salvador.

- QUESTION OF THE DAY -
What would be a worthwhile link for me to add to the side column?
And for a more fun-type question, what flavor of jellybean do you love, and what flavor do you hate?

END OF POST.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home