Wednesday, April 04, 2007

April, 2002.

DIARY

In April 2002, I was living in East Humboldt Park with Ben. While we had successfully chased the roaches into the wall with threats of a rent strike, we weren't able to do a think about the precariously tilting floor or that fact the the bust season had just started for the gangbangers on the corner.

In other news, I'd run out of Harry Potter books to read, and I had absolutely no prospects to do theater. I'd started on the three-year long (and still incomplete) second revision of Urbantasm, and I was working at NMFF in the Oncology department. I liked the people I was working with, but I was overworked, and not exceptionally well-paid.

There were a few highlights of the day each day. For example, when I took my lunch break and went downstairs and crunched up saltines to put in the cafeteria soup. That was fun. Or lifting nation descriptions off archived records of the ICE MERP websites. As you can see, it was a pretty less-than-mediocre year.

I might have enjoyed, as I usually do, watching leaves bud and break on the tree across the street, but when a car had been set on fire there the summer before, and it had spread to the tree, and then the tree was dead.

I did have scavhunt meetings.

Those were fun.

Where were you in April, 2002?

END OF POST.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home