Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Oculine 13, 29.

DIARY

- I've 70% changed my mind on the NIN album. On a couple relistens, it's incredibly catchy. Likewise, the backstory is cheesy to the nth, but Rolling Stone said something to the effect that "at least it got his creative juices moving." I'll try to write more on this soon.
- Yesterday the new Tori Amos album came out. I'm listening to it now. So far, it's pretty sweet (despite the weak album art). The first three tracks are incredibly strong. "Big Wheel" is hot. More on this later, too.
- Yesterday was just an awesome day. It feels so good to be finished with the thesis, and it additionally feels great to have been capable of writing a piece of literature over 300 pages long. It feels nice to know that this is in the hands of a publisher and to have earned the respect of my instructors and peers. I'll be blunt: I freaking rock!
- But yesterday was more than sylph-induglent solipcystism. After work I bought the new Amos album, got a bagel and beer and had dinner at New School, then went on to meet Sky and Emma (in town on a visit) at the corner of Christopher and 7th Avenue. They grabbed slices of pizza, and we all went to 55 Christopher to hear my friend Narissa (the jazz singer) sing. It was a nice night. It took me an hour-and-a-half to get home in the rain, due to my own fuzzy memory of the West Village streetscape, and the B's stupid limited schedule. But I got home, took a shower, and all was well. Sky and Emma arrived a bit later, and we all hung out (Jess too), and went to bed around one.
- In fact it's been such a good week, I've been forgetting how tired I am.

- ALMANAC SAYS -
Read from the left, I shall be found a portion of all things that are; but change your hand and turn me 'round, I then am nothing but a snare.

- PICTURE OF THE WEEK -
The Hot Dog Vendor.

- QUESTION OF THE DAY -
What has delighted you this week?

END OF POST.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home