Thursday, September 20, 2007

Gloamane 28, 30.



- I read Sallusts' War With Cataline. I wonder who we could consider the closest modern equivalent to Cicero? Also, I started watching Deadwood. My friends were right; it's totally like Hungry Rats. Swearengen is just like Jim Carr, if only he'd lived another ten or so years.

- ALMANAC SAYS -
Put new perennials in a month before the first hard frost is expected.

- SCIENCEY QUOTE OF THE MOMENT -
"We are clearly not yet in a useful regime for quantum computation because the spins we are looking at are very strongly coupled to the environment."

- LINK OF THE WEEK -
Vote Walling.

- QUESTION OF THE DAY -
My wife and I were talking last night about the dearth of well-known (ie. well promoted) female comedians, and particularly stand-up comics. The best we could do, off the top of our heads, was that Kathy person whose had plastic surgery as much as Michael Jackson (blah), and Sarah Silverman (double blah). Who's your favorite comedienne?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home