Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Body: The Deep Swimming Pools.





Nemo 33 is, as far as I know, the deepest swimming pool in the world. It includes several caves and an a 115 foot dive site.



I had a dream, back when I was eight or nine, that was a sort of horror-movie sequel to an earlier dream, in which the Largest Storm Ever arrived to destroy the Earth. Somehow, I'm not sure how, disaster must have been averted because in the second dream the Storm was coming again and drastic action was required to save the world. Some sort of a stone or a pendant or something had to be retrieved from where it had been dropped in the Deepest Pool in the World, located in Holland, Michigan. I went swimming in that pool, aware that the concrete floor sloped away beneath me, falling miles, miles, and miles. One irrational fear of mine has always been heights... a related fear is being in deep water; suspended over an unmanageable depth. Even snorkeling on my honeymoon, I had a hard time managing my reaction when we went swimming over water twenty feet deep. I wonder where this comes from.



I don't remember how the dream ended.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home