Monday, April 06, 2009

Oneidine 17, 31.



I'll have to be brief, although this has been a very eventful week. I'll give the bad news first, and finish with the good. First, today I had a tooth pulled, and I'm going to need some work done on my mouth. That sucks. Second, my job has been eliminated due to departmental reorganization. As of next week, I'm unemployed and looking for work!

There is a silver lining though... perhaps this will be an opportunity to find work in the publishing or editing fields, which is really where my education and background would place me anyway. However, I loved working for the Northwestern Lasik Physicians, and if a similar position opened up elsewhere, I would happily consider it. Also, the wife started her job this week, and my brother and his wonderful fiancee will be getting married next week. I'll be traveling out to England to join them for the ceremony and reception.

The best news is that after years of writing and submitting work, I'm finally going to be published. My short story "Dash Against Darkness" will be published in the upcoming issue of the Santa Clara Review, a publication based out of the Santa Clara University in California. Believe I'll be shouting from the rooftops when that happens!

What a strange Spring.

- NEWS OF THE WEEK -
CNNhealth.com: Beward the perils of caffeine withdrawal.

- QUESTION OF THE DAY -
Where do you think I should apply for a job?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Ammegg said...

Mexico. Just for the heck of it.

8:57 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home