Monday, May 17, 2004

$5 Beer

DIARY

Something a little lighter for a change...

This weekend seemed all spliced together, and I wound up doing a million different things in a million different places. Still, after the pressure cooker of Scavhunt last weekend, I felt totally cut free.

On Friday, I left work at around noon and went home to clean and look for positive ID (that is, my Passport and Birth Certificate, since I misplaced my Drivers License). I found them, took a nap, and traveled to Hyde Park. That night we went to a party at Joe's with a bunch of Scavhunt judges and Sam Smith from FIST. I have really gotten bad at video games, by the way. I kept biting it through Super Mario World, which is just an echo of my numerous Megaman failings late at night during the hunt (I fell off the blocks at the end of Wily 1 in MMII not once or twice, but three times). At about eleven, Jess and I went to Togo's for a snack, and when we got back, people were preparing to go to a toga party at the Shoreland (dorm). We went home, argued a bit, and that was that.

On Saturday, I got up early and got a Checking and Savings account at 5/3 Bank (they're convenient and user-friendly, and seem a lot less evil than Bank One or Citibank). I also applied for a credit card for which I will probably be denied. This doesn't sound like a big deal, but it sort of is, given my perpetual incompentance in all things financial. I've been using currency exchanges, money orders, and cash for all of my transactions for about three years now... basically since I got out of college. It's nice to have that behind me.

When I got back to Hyde Park, Jess and Matt and I went to Milwaukee to see the Brewers take on the Braves. Of all the games to see. The Braves won 11 to 6, and it took four hours. I don't think I've ever seen such lousy pitching or catches. Runners were walked home on more than one occasion, and there was at least a couple runs scored when the catcher missed the ball.

But it was fun to visit a new ballpark, and see a bit of Milwaukee (that vertical Cleveland). In the end, I only spent fifteen dollars between beer, fries, and a Polish dog.

On Sunday I missed church, but I didn't miss Thalia's first birthday party (Thalia is the daughter of Jen and Mike Kennedy).
Then rehearsal for Chicago Project No. 2.
Then roleplaying.

When I came into work this morning, I felt as if I'd been away for months.
Too bad, actually; I was unprepared for the waiting piles of filing and resentment this morning...



It has been too long...



~ Connor

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home