Wednesday, May 12, 2004

It had to happen.

DIARY

I had to eventually post about something other than scavhunt.
I figure, better to get it over with. Our chronic withdrawal is not aided by our insistance on reliving the past, even though we're surrounded by fluorescence and floor essence.

A saltine assault team going asalting.

(Note to self: Stop it!)


PART I: A TAXING REVERSION

I was going to title this post "the Hazel Revolution," but I decided that was too cool a title for what I'm actually writing about here.
Here are some other things I'm not going to write about here:

1. The US mistreatment of prisoners, and correlated events. I'd like to write about this, but I'm not ready yet. I'd be indiscriminately rehashing what others have said. Of course I have opinions. They're just still finding breath. Except this: Step back. Now listen. Listen. Okay then. Good. What do you not think that those who disagree with what you wouldn't say wouldn't say? Answer, but don't stop listening. We are a nation of horrible listeners.

2. Flint. Not much to say today, you know?

3. My career is going nowhere. It's beating a dead horse. You follow?

4. The X-Men. I never got it. Get it?

5. The Nocturnal Presents the Dumb Waiter by Harold Pinter, the Hunter and the Bird by Jean Claude van Itallie, and the Cask of Amontillado by E.A. Poe. I simply haven't the energy. Nor the dates/times. See #8.

6. How tired I am right now. See #3.

7. Scavhunt. See all prior posts from 5/5/04 to present.


PART II: LOOK AT THESE PICTURES AND GUESS WHAT THEY ARE

1.
2.
3.


PART III: SELFISH PREDILECTIONS

My goal is for this blog to be more than a personal blog but less than the e-Economist.
I hope it will subtly augment my career by creating a public outlet for my (numerous) projects, and providing a way of tying them all together.
I also hope I can use it to journal my daily life without restraint or reservation, and an aid in corresponding with many people I care about.

Most changes and improvements are made with that thought in mind.

Soon I will remove all links of friends who do 1) do not link to me and 2) I do not correspond with on a somewhat regular basis. Exception: Live Journals who cannot "link externally" from friends pages will stay.
That said, I hope to increase the number of links overall, so if you're a regular reader and would like me to link to you, and are willing to link to me, let me know.


PART IV: ANSWERS TO PART II

1. Chittagong, Bangladesh
2. Triton, moon of Neptune
3. The mysterious Emma and the ineffable Miki


PART V: ETC. and ERRATA

Sam has been in town a lot lately and I have seen him several times.
Also, Elisabeth and Hallie will soon be joining me here.
It will make Chicago more bearable.
This news makes me very happy.

~ Connor

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home