Wednesday, March 23, 2005

Oneidine 1, 27.

CONCEPT

COMMENTS
- For comments on why I didn't post yesterday, consult "Vernaltide 1" below.
- For Vernaltide (as explained in Gothic Funk Manifesto #2), I'd intended to go on an all-night walk (specifically from 5:49 PM - 6:15 AM), but after a ninety minute nap after work, I decided I was just a little too tired and it was just a little too cold for the expedition. Having the day fall in the middle of the week certainly didn't help. I'll make it up a little later, but I should revisit the concept of these planned nightwalks to see if I can't make them perhaps a bit more practicable.
- I worked on the Vernaltide posts for several hours, and then was joined by Sam, and later, Sky. We talked and visited until about one, and then I left with Sky, walking with him to the Thorndale stop, then continuing north to Loyola. The weather was fine, hovering just about freezing, and the black sky spat thick bits of icy rain, almost sleet. I walked up and down the lakeshore, taking pictures for this blog. (I'll post the rest a little later). By the time I left, my ears were numb, and my jab had begun to ache. I walked back home, getting back by a little after to. I uploaded the pictures, and was in bed by 3:30.
- I'm going into overdrive on linking to Chicago neighborhoods. I figure the Countries of the Day can go on indefinitely, but it's a little strange if I keep linking to Chicago neighborhoods after I've lived her for eight years and then moved away...

CHICAGO NEIGHBORHOOD OF THE DAY
Near West Side.

WORD OF THE DAY
Surf and Turf.

NEWS OF THE DAY
The New York Times: Behind the Why of a Rampage, Loner With a Taste for Nazism.

PICTURE OF THE DAY
Muskingum County Courthouse. The Ohio County Courthouse Project.

QUESTION OF THE DAY
What are you going to accomplish by June 21st that is of great importance to you?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home