Wednesday, May 25, 2005

Lunas 5, 27.

CONCEPT

COMMENTS:
- Yesterday I bore down at work and did all of the honest work to be done in an effort to count some hours, but in the end, I still left at 1:30. It remains to be seen how long I'll be here today. There are only ten patients, but they are spread out all over the day, so they might ask me to leave early. Anyway, once I'd gotten home from work, I took a nap, drank some coffee, and did a quick read on Edgewater from my triumverate of guides to Chicago (Michelin's Chicago, Wild Chicago, and Ethnic Chicago. At one time it was my goal to thoroughly explore all 77 of Chicago's neighborhoods. This would have been a possible, if daunting, undertaking if I'd started four years ago. With two months left, however, and two busy months at that, right now I'm just trying to cover downtown, Hyde Park, and Edgewater. Maybe a couple more, time allowing (if so, they will be Pilsen, Uptown, West Town, Rogers Park, Roseland, and Pullman. That's extremely optimistic). I spent just over three hours in the evening photographing roughly half of Edgewater Beach. I think I should be able to polish off Edgewater in several more brief expeditions. When I got home, just after dusk, I talked to Jess on the phone and then visited with Sam, Skylar, and Bill when they got home. I didn't stay up incredibly late. That is, five-and-a-half hours of sleep.
- Evidently Americans care more about gas prices than they do the filibuster issue. My heart goes out to anyone driving an import in a city with limited public transit. That rules out most of the cities I'm familiar with, including Flint. Maybe I was too harsh on the Democrats. I guess sometimes people get what they deserve, right? No.
- Nothing new for Chicago, weather wise.

CHICAGO NEIGHBORHOOD OF THE DAY
Near West Side.

WORD OF THE DAY
Artifice.

NEWS OF THE DAY
The New York Times: Justice Choice Could Rekindle Filibuster Fight in the Senate.

PICTURE OF THE DAY
Yellowjacket. Kamungus.

QUESTION OF THE DAY
If you were an insect, what kind of insect would you be?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home