Friday, May 13, 2005

Oculine 23, 27.

CONCEPT

COMMENTS:
- Looking for Scav Hunt '05 resources? They are posted here.
- This has been a modest week, blogwise, both in terms of output and substance. I blame it on having caught the Post-Scavhunt Hacking Death Plague. I'm beginning to believe there's something to this, actually... about 80% of the people involved had come down with it, and the symptoms are all consistent: congestion, coughing, sort throat, loss of voice, light-headedness, physical exhaustion, and general wooziness. Of course, I'm sure that on my part having forgotten my coat on the two days when then temperature dipped into the thirties, and having not gotten more than six hours of sleep in a single night since the Hunt are contributing factors.
- When life is so exciting and colorful and moves with such a fast-tempo, I have a hard enough time sacrificing any experience for... sleep of all things.
- Take tonight for example. If I'm sane, I'll stay in and sleep and ooze. I've been invited to a party at eleven, however, and promised "music to make [my] soul cry." I'll probably go. Dammit.
- Something I forgot to mention about last Monday. It was actually a very productive day. I invited a bunch of scavhunt captains over for 40-rods. Only one arrived; Nikki of the Pierce team (who rode the red line, presumably for over an hour, just to say 'hi'). This did goad me into cleaning and cooking, however, and made an otherwise dreary day interesting. We talked for about two hours, and I made fried potatoes that weren't quite sufficiently fried. Finally, some FIST kids came over, and Libby gave Nikki a ride home. I'm glad this happened. I didn't really know Nikki very well before this, and she's a cool kid.
- Next week will be an abundant week, blogwise, both in terms of output and substance. What's on the menu? Catholic issues, music by the Smashing Pumpkins and/or Tori Amos, the legacy of Dave Yettaw, more Flint factory shit, and the Neverending Story (if I don't get to the latter today).
- Weathorr report: The weather continued to be cray-zay. That said, the weather in Chicago is remaining unremarkable; a little on the chill side. Maybe we'll get some rain. Maybe.

CHICAGO NEIGHBORHOOD OF THE DAY
Belmont Cragin.

WORD OF THE DAY
Opportunistic.

NEWS OF THE DAY
New York Times: Republican Moderates in Senate Sense Intensifying Pressures.

PICTURE OF THE DAY
Penguin. Osaka Aquarium Kaiyukan

QUESTION OF THE DAY
Of the herbs and spices you are familiar with, which do you consider to have the sexiest name?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home