Friday, June 24, 2005

Lumas 4, 27.

CONCEPT

COMMENTS:
- What a weird, exhausting, disorienting week.
- Yesterday, I made headway on addresses. Off my list (about 50% of total invitees), I've made contact with everyone except two people... I'm still trying to pin down their info.
- When I got home from work, I took a nap, woke up around seven, photographes Lakewood-Balmoral (probably the dullest of the Edgewater neighborhoods I've photographed so far), got some fresh bread, pork n' beans, and beer, and stayed up past midnight watching the original Night of the Living Dead. It was pretty suspenseful. And deeply cynical. I highly recommend...
- Throughout all this, nosing his way from the background to the fore was Billy Corgan. Billy Corgan and his book of poetry. Billy Corgan and his online Confessions. Billy Corgan and his new old-wave album time warped in from 1986. It's too weird and intense. I need to write about all these things in detail here, because it's truly important one of the rare subjects I can attack in true detail, but today I simply haven't the time or energy.
- Look for at least one interesting post this weekend, most likely today. I want to talk about My So-Called Life today, Faithful Dissent tomorrow, and Billy Corgan on Sunday. Vee Shall See.
- No thunderstorms yesterday. Or today. Tomorrow, maybe. The midwest is a boilermaker. So respond with a boilermaker.

CHICAGO NEIGHBORHOOD OF THE DAY
Woodlawn.

WORD OF THE DAY
Commination.

NEWS OF THE DAY
New York Times: Interrogators Cite Doctors' Aid at Guantanamo Prison Camp.

PICTURE OF THE DAY
D'Arcy. The Smashing Pumpkins Net Point.

QUESTION OF THE DAY
Which state would you most readily jettison from the union?

END OF POST

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home