Monday, November 14, 2005

Gravitane 24, 28.

DIARY

- LAST WEEK AND WEEKEND - I tried to post last Friday, but Blogger's been doing this thing where it deletes the body of your post at the moment you publish. Not very useful.
On Wednesday, I sat through an interesting but exhausting presentation of a photography book. My Lit Seminar was canceled, so I walked to Cafe Reggio to start on the umpteenth revision of Urbantasm, Chapter 1. It still begins with "I wasn't always an Antichrist."
On Thursday, after tutoring I sat for awhile and read Djuna Barnes, but got tired, went home, and took a nap.
On Friday, after tutoring, I made a chicken dinner for Jess and myself, and we stayed up late talking.
Saturday was fun. I got up early and explored Vinegar Hill and D.U.M.B.O., then took the subway to my Innovative Fiction workshop. Mostly, we talked about letters and criticism and the way writers have responded to them, but I accidentally set off a heated exchange at the end about art and politics. Oops. Afterward, I grabbed a bagel and walked up to Columbus Circle where I met Matt and Bruce. We spent the afternoon exploring Central Park and grabbed a bite at a diner, then Jess and I returned to Brooklyn, and I tried to work. Ultimately, however, I was lured into the My Name is Earl marathon, which smoothly segued into SNL. We ordered pizza, and goofed off. This was echoed on Sunday when, after a day of reading and cleaning, we watched Penn and & Teller off the Deep End.
- READING - I've been reading and critiquing my classmates, and also reading Nightwood, by Djuna Barnes, Swann's Way by Proust, and the Bible.
- WRITING - My NaNo novel is at about 14,000 words. I think I'll go all the way this year. The story, however, Do Not Ask has to truthfully be about the weirdest thing I've ever written. The last chapter involved both cannibalism, unionization, and conditions both above the Arctic Circle and below the Tropid of Capricorn.

NEWS OF THE WEEK
The Flint Journal: Blacks to hold first council majority.

QUESTION OF THE DAY
Would you have preferred to have been a major period of the Enlightenment or of the Romantic period in Europe?

END OF POST.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home