Monday, November 07, 2005

Gravitane 17, 28.

DIARY

- Still getting into the routine of regular posting. It's difficult, because while I can access Blogger from work, there's a firewall that keeps me from getting into Here Is No Why. Anywaze...
- Last Wednesday I gave Jeff Allen, my seminar instructor, the first chapter of Adrift on the Mainstream. When I throw his comments against Gemma's (and anyone else who's interested in reading postmodern pulp), I'm going to punch out a cover letter and start sending her aloft. Hopefully during winter break.
- Jeff gave us an extra week to finish reading Proust. Which is a little disappointing; it'll take away from time spent on other books, but in my case, probably necessary.
- Books read in the last week: Marcel Proust, Swann's Way; Djuna Barnes, Nightwood; The Bible, 2 Peter through Revelation, and Isaac Asimov's Guide to the New Testament correspondingly. Also, I critiqued my classmates' writing.
- On Friday I met Jess at News Bar (a coffee shop with extensive news holdings), and we walked down to the falafal hut and ate our sandwiches in Washington Square Park. The city has been uncommonly warm (or perhaps it's just warmer here), lingering in the sixties and seventies for most of the past week. Afterwards, we walked north to a pizzaria, where we visited with Reinhardt, Marco, and Cecilia, before they left to go see Doom.
- On Saturday, I went down to my innovative fiction workshop, and spent most of the afternoon reading at News Bar. At seven, I met up with Matt and Jess and grabbed a hot dog, then Jess and I went to Playwrights Horizons to see Sarah Schulman's play Manic Flight Reaction. The acting was good. The play was one of the three or four worst I've ever seen written. I might try to write more on that later. All in all, though, a worthwhile experience. Afterward, we went up to Harlem for Maria's party, and I met many of Jess' coworkers. We didn't get home until very late.
- On Sunday, I did accomplish cleaning and reading. I also missed mass, and managed to somehow wreck my sleeping schedule... I slept a total of twelve hours across the day, but couldn't get to sleep until after five AM. And here I am!

NEWS OF THE WEEK
The Flint Journal: City elections: So many elected by so few. And, Mayor's crew an election shoo-in?
The New York Times: Supreme Court to Hear Challenge to Military Tribunals.
Wrapping Up, Mayor and Ferrer Ask Voters to Ignore Polls.

QUESTION OF THE DAY
In whatever election going on near you, who will you be voting for?

END OF POST.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home