Monday, January 09, 2006

Noctus 19, 28.

DIARY

- WEEKEND - Nice. Relaxing. Stay innable.
On FRIDAY, I finally installed the pot rack that Becky got us for the wedding. It took all morning, essentially, though I also gave the place a quick clean. In the afternoon, I did all the inane financial tasks I've been putting off, such as applying for a credit card and organizing the bills and paystubs.
On SATURDAY, I slept in a bit, but spent a good part of the afternoon finally reading Vathek (which I finished on Sunday). It was one weird read. In the evening, Jess and I had a steak and soup for dinner, and watched SNL and the like.
Finally, on SUNDAY, after church (I'm still going to the Oratory Church of St. Boniface) I spent most of the afternoon at the New York Transit Museum. Trains and buses everywhere, antique turnstyles, models. The museum was a converted subway station, and the best part was on the bottom. I went down to the actual platform where a series of over a dozen trains, dated 1905 to the seventies had been placed. I could board them and especially admired the early-era subway cars with built in fans, rich oak paneling, and bright orange cushions. Afterwards I picked up a walking map of Brooklyn Heights from the Brooklyn Historical Society, but decided to save that tour for another day, since it was getting late. I went home, took a nap (boring me), and Jess and I had spaghetti for dinner.
Getting old and mature is sometimes boring, but sometimes it's easeful fun.
- WEATHER - Our wet winter continues. A cold front (that does not seem incredibly severe... a "cool front"?) is moving south over you midwesterners, though from Ohio south and east the effects are pretty much mitigated. Meanwhile, both New England and the Pacific Northwest are continuing their season soak.
- JANUARY - Is the month of hot soup.
- HAPPY BIRTHDAY - Joan Baez, Dave Matthews (that's for you Matt...)

NEWS OF THE WEEK
There was plenty to go with today, with the beginning of the Alito hearings and Sharon coming off his resparator. I decided to go with something of import that nonetheless won't be making the major news networks:
The New York Times: Iran Says Nuclear Sites Will Be Unsealed Today.

QUESTION OF THE DAY
What is your least favorite kind of soup?

END OF POST.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home