Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Nimbus 18, 28.

DIARY

- YESTERDAY - Worked worked worked. Looked for public domain photos that I wasn't finding. Then I barely made a lecture by Joyce Carol Oates in which she delivered a parable on why one shouldn't shop Uptown, and went on to give some very compelling answers to questions about her past and technique.
At workshop we critiqued Adrift on the Mainstream. I've learned from the mistake of immediately esponding to these workshops... I'm inclined to think it went very well, but I'm going to take a few days and mull things over. Certainly many of the corrections are very applicable, including just about all comments on the prose (that is, wind cannot "shade" one's face, nor does asphalt "loom"). On the other hand, a book is a jumble of letters and words, and computers can communicate shelves of knowledge in binary, so I believe that I can express something meaningful with "doo be da."
I'm looking forward to seeing where this workshop goes.
- SIX MONTHS - Yesterday Jess and I celebrate our sixth month anniversary. Go us!
- WEATHER - It will continue to be colder than January. Which doesn't mean much.
- FEBRUARY - Is American History month.
- HAPPY BIRTHDAY - Charles Dickens and Frederick Douglass.

QUOTE OF THE WEEK
"I am not over-fond of resisting temptation."
William Beckford

QUESTION OF THE DAY
What's your sign? What's your sign?
What's your sine?
What's the most consecutive hours you've ever stayed awake (that is, a two minute nap is sufficient to disqualify you)?

END OF POST.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home