Thursday, March 02, 2006

Occludine 11, 28.

DIARY

- TODAY - I slept until 12:33 PM (on account of having barely slept at all earlier in the week). As a result, everything is far behind today. I'll try to catch up tomorrow. I cannot spent long posting now, so I won't. Everything will be saved until tomorrow.
- YESTERDAY - A success! In that I survived. During work I was somewhat (literally) subsumed in the doldrums... I only made it through five articles, albeit long and complicated articles. I went across the street to the Church of St. Francis, then went to New School where I slept in a comfy chair for an hour before readying myself for class. I had a few minutes to talk to Marko and Reinhardt before hand, which calmed me down somewhat. My presentation, I thought, didn't live up to any of its "extra elements" -- in that they were all underdeveloped, and I had only managed to burn one soundtrack to Ryder. But I still think it went well, and I made up for a lack of organization with copious amounts of information, including about a third of the Djuna Barnes canon and photographs. Most remarkably, there is a string of Cenci references in Ryder which were both delicious to discover and which I easily incorporated. After the presentation I toyed with the thought of stopping by Spain, but I really was exhausted, so I started home. Unfortunately, the B wasn't running because it was after nine, and the V wasn't going past 2nd Avenue. After all of my maneuverings and unexpected transfers, and walking home from Pacific instead of DeKalb, I might as well have stopped at Spain. And then I went to bed and slept for about thirteen hours. I never do that.
- WEATHER - Today is the sort of day that makes winter gorgeous, and I really do feel a sting that it's one of the first days like this I've seen, and soon there will be no more for the year. I miss cold. They sky is dim and gray and mottled, like mold, with big bulbous fat flakes drifting down and rain that piles on the road, and the lower layers melt, not into ice, but water. And so everything is white and piled or gray and wet, and the ideas of air and water seem mixed. It almost feels like walking underwater, in a weird sort of way.

- MARCH - Is the month of Helping Someone See.
- HAPPY BIRTHDAY - Dr. Seuss.

LINK OF THE WEEK
Coral Reef fishes.

QUESTION OF THE DAY
What is your favorite kind of fish. (If they are sharks, list a second, because I expect a lot of people to say "sharks.")

END OF POST.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home