Monday, March 13, 2006

Occludine 22, 28.

DIARY

- THE WEEKEND - Highs and lows this weekend.
The high was undoubtedly Friday night. Jessica and I were celebrating our six year anniversary (from when we started "dating") and we'd agreed to spend the evening out on the town. At a little after five I put on my bright stripe shirt that Jess likes, walked and took the Q to Union Square, transferred to the 6 and rode up to 86th and Lexington. I picked up our tickets to Walk the Line and went all out on pop, popcorn, and candy. I met Jess at the entrance at seven exactly, and we made the film in time to see the previews.
Walk the Line wasn't exactly a "fun" movie... I spent a lot of the time frustrated with the repetitiveness of Johnny Cash's mistakes... understandable in life, but this was film; it could've been tightened up a bit. Still, the climax was worth waiting for and I agree with assessments of theacting.
Afterwards, we walked up and down Lexington and 2nd and 3rd for awhile, finally stopping for dinner at an Italian place - Divino at 1556 2nd Avenue. The prices were quite reasonable (even considering that this was the Upper East Side) and the food was wonderful. A singer arrived, and while she was singing an admixture of wedding favorites, old showtunes, and cheesy dance favorite, she did get the whole crowd involved, which was impressive, being maybe one part recent grads, one part Upper 80s dames, and one part Asian tourists.
We took the trains back to Fort Greene, just in time for Conan O'Brien's special trip to Finland. I'd had high hopes, but the episode was even better than I'd expected. We sipped from our last bottle of champagne. It was a marvelous night.
Saturday was more typical; I went to my classes with Frederic Tuten and Sharon Mesmer. I did have an aggressive hustler threaten to beat me up... always fun... and that night Jess and I went to a Karaoke Bar with Sara Ross, Reinhardt, Dani, Justin, Sara, and a couple kids from out of town.
Sunday I missed church. I've been awful about church attendance this Lent, and I feel kind of wretched about it. But I did have a reading that night at an East Village tea bar, Sympathy for the Kettle and I knew almost all of the readers. It was fun.

- WEATHER - Over one-hundred tornadoes reported this weekend, mostly in Misourri (it was mildly irritating that the NYC news resported violent storms over "five midwestern states" but steadfastly did not name which states). Three people killed. The storm is now splitting into branches, as the cyclone moves north to Michigan and a number of fronts distort each other. The south will boil as a result, experiencing Thunderstorms weaker than those of this past weekend. The northern branch of the storms, will primarily move east into the Appalachians bringing rain to the east coast. Meanwhile, in the far north of the midwest, Michigan, Wisconsin, and Minnesota could get a food of snow. Welcome to March.

- MARCH - Is the month of Hidden Booty.
- HAPPY BIRTHDAY - Joseph Priestley and William H. Macy.

NEWS OF THE WEEK
BBC News: Milosevic 'took the wrong drugs'

QUESTION OF THE DAY
What three years of your life would you class as being the most 'eventful'? (Feel free to err on the side of two or four, if that will float your boat...)

END OF POST.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home