Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Oneidine.

CONCEPT

This is the time of year I like to be overhwelmed with rain, and while New York has let me down where snow is concerned, thanks to the balmy North Atlantic, I have every hope that it will trump both Flint and Chicago in liquid precipitation.

Of course, last year for Oneidine I had great rainy pictures... There was an admixture of rain and sleet that night, and at about 1 AM, I walked with Sky up to Thorndale, and continued alone on to Loyola. The lack was black and inky and the wind was killing my ears... it really was somewhat painful, but wet and dark and springlike and magnificent.

Here's it's just a cold March dreg right now. Not feeling that I could take any pictures that would do justice to the month, I ripped the background from the opening to the SNES game The Legend of Zelda III: A Link to the Past. The main panel at top is sampled from an attributed license at Wikipedia Commons and the three side panels are my own creation. (Pretty, aren't they?)

The links this month:
1. Northanger Abbey is supposed to be (I'm reading it now myself) one of Jane Austen's more relaxed and humorous novels. Her target is the early English gothic movement (which I find worth time all on its own) and especially the lovely and inimitable Ms. Ann Radcliffe.
2. This link connects to an article with suggestions for spring cleaning. I selected it as the best of many.
3. And this leads to what appears to be a great recipe for Cream of Mushroom soup. I haven't tried it yet, but I expect to. It requires Sherry.

There's a common thread here.

These all involve things you may want to consider when it's raining out and you don't want to leave your apartment.

END OF POST.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home