Monday, March 20, 2006

Vernaltide.

DIARY

- THE WEEKEND - A lot of the weekend early on kind of sucked, but it got better throughout, and by the end I was having an evenly good time. On St. Patrick's Day, Jess and I went out to a bar in TriBeCa, very loud and boisterous, but they were giving out free corned beef and cabbage, and Guinness was $4.75 a pint. That's right, I violated my Friday fast, but only very late in the day (it was almost midnight anyway) and priests around the country had been encouraging their parishioners to do so.
On Saturday I was feeling sick so I missed my two workshops, but as the afternoon drew on I started to feel better, and that night Jess and I went out to see Grey Gardens at Playwrights Horizons through the package that Hallie got us for our wedding. The play was utterly bizarre but increasingly wonderful throughout, and both of us had a lot of good things to say about it. We stopped at a Papaya Dog on 9th Avenue and 42nd Street on the way back, and it wasn't all that late when we got home. On Sunday I read and worked on assorted projects, and finally left the apartment at about four-thirty. I went to a church in the East Village, very dimly lit and with unenthusiastic parishioners, though the space itself was lustrous white walls and black ebony supports. After that, I went to Odessa on Thomkin's Square and worked on my reading for the 2773. I decided to write something out of character: straightforward and psychologically driven. It was better received than I had expected. I walked back to the subway with Daniel, and got home a little after midnight. Although I didn't get to sleep until one in the morning, today I feel surprisingly well-rested.
- WEATHER - More of the same everywhere. Snow ranging across the midwest, chilly out east, and drenching storms across the whole South.

- MARCH - Is the month of Women's History.
- TODAY - Is the First Day of Spring.
- HAPPY BIRTHDAY - Spike Lee, Henrik Ibsen, and Ovid.

NEWS OF THE WEEK
The one you've possibly heard about:
New York Times: Belarus Poll Seen Unfair, Lukashenko Rivas Protest.
The one that's been less agressively covered:
The Boston Globe: Misery follows an influx from Chad.

QUESTION OF THE DAY
What’s the most excruciating physical pain you’ve ever experienced?

END OF POST.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home