Monday, April 24, 2006

Oculine 5, 28.

DIARY

- LAST WEEK - It sucked. I was exhausted. I didn't get as much done as I wanted. On Tuesday night I went to a diner and left without my coat. I walked a half-hour home without noticing. The next morning, when I walked back to pick it up on my way to work, I accidentally left a reading assignment there. So I had to return a second time. The Diner, Happy Days in Brooklyn Heights, was cool though. On Thursday I saw Marko, Reinhardt, Sara, and Mac all read at the final installment of Fiction Flask.
- WEEKEND - It also sucked. I was dead sick from beginning to end. I got over twelve hours of sleep each day, had a ton of tea and soup, and missed my last Gravity's Rainbow. Jess nursed be through, though.
In fact, I was sick enough the I wrote a poem about it:

My salt-encrusted eyes --
shutter once, shutter twice --
would rather remained closed than blink.
I'm assembled all funny today;
my insides are outside of my inside.



- WEATHER - More of the same. Unless you're in Wyoming; then you get a lot of snow.

- ASTRONOMY - If the weather clears up in the next day or two you might have a chance to catch the tail end of the Lyrids. The meteor shower peaked on Saturday, but there might be some stragglers.

- TIGERS - After their frustrations last week against the Socks and Cleveland, the Tigers swept their series against Seattle. Of course, it's Seattle, and despite Hernandez pitching against Verlander, the wins weren't nearly as momentous as those against Oakland and Cleveland. Tonight the Tigers take on the Angels... that will be worth watching.

- APRIL - Is autism awareness month.
- HOLIDAYS - Last Thursday: Lima Bean Respect Day, Bicycle Day, and National High Five Day. Pot Day. Saturday: Earth Day.
- HAPPY BIRTHDAY - Last Wednesday: Tim Curry. Thursday: Muhammad and Luther Vandross. Friday: Max Weber, Queen Elizabeth II, Iggy Pop. Saturday: Immanuel Kant, Vladimir Lenin, Vladimir Nabokov, Robert Oppenheimer, Bettie Page. Sunday: William Shakespeare, Shirley Temple, Michael Moore, SAM SMITH and SAM PH! (Happy Birthday!) Today: Mayor M. Daley and Cedric the Entertainer.

NEWS OF THE WEEK
A lot this week: elections in New Orleans, a possible merger of the New York and London Stock Exchanges, and so on... I'll go with this one:
The New York Times: Protests Mount as Nepal Parties Reject King's Bid.

QUESTION OF THE DAY
Fluff Issue #1. What is your score on the Freudian Purity Test?

END OF POST.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home