Monday, April 17, 2006

Oneidine 28, 28.

DIARY

- THE WEEKEND - On the ups, I had an absolutely exhilerating Holy Week. I felt at home in my new adopted parish and I got to spent a wonderful weekend with Jess whether we were walking in the wind on Thursday night, eating a midnight breakfast of bacon and eggs on Easter or laying out on a beach towel in Fort Greene Park. Even the weather was fine. On the downs, I'm even further behind, now owing five workshop critiques and needing to hand in an application for next years TA positions today. I have work today, class, two meetings with instructors, and I probably won't be home until after midnight. Also, I haven't had coffee for well over a month now, but went overboard yesterday and stayed up until five. So forgive me if I'm incoherant. Iff this posr is plague by obvious typo.
Actually, I've already discussed the weekend in some detail. The rest I'll let rest in my memory. Yesterday Jess and I did have Crown Fried Chicken for dinner and watched Desperate Housewives.

- WEATHER - States hit by crazy-ass storms today and tomorrow: Illinois, Iowa, Misourri, North Carolina, South Carolina, Nebraska and South Dakota. Air fronts are in disagreement about who is to occupy which space. To be slightly more specific, the jet stream is in an utterly weird shape at the moment plunging from north over Saskatoon straight (literally straight) south to Kansas. Almost as crazy, the westerly intersecting a north-flowing front from the Caribbean that itself collides with a south-moving front from along the Appalachians.

- TIGERS - Easter Sunday. Chris Shelton hit another homer. His eighth in twelve games. It led to a 1-0 victory over the Indians. Of course, credit is also due to (a still arm-sore) Mike Maroth who manage to shut out one of the other impressive offensive lineups in the American League. Of course, that means that the Tigers, the White Sox, and the Indians are in a threeway tie for top of the Central Divison. Meanwhile, the Royals just lost their seventh game in a row. Detroit plays Cleveland for a series sweep at 1:05 EST today.

- APRIL - Is Straw Hat month.
- HAPPY BIRTHDAY - Nikita Khrushchev, Thornton Wilder, Liz Phair who is also very talented, very attractive, and very from Chicago.

NEWS OF THE WEEK
CNN.COM - Danube at highest in more than a century.

QUESTION OF THE DAY
Who/What/Where/When/Why? That is... what is the most interesting story you can plausibly contrive from any combination of five answers given over the past five days?

END OF POST.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home